More on Collections
Multiple accounts can be grouped into COLLECTIONS. This could represent your personal net worth (all your personal accounts), the equity in your home (Mortgage and Home Value) or other combination of your accounts you wish to track.
HOW CAN I CHOOSE THE COllection TO DISPLAY?
There are several ways to choose the right collection. Either:
- Use the "< Previous" or "Next >" buttons on the bottom of the screen to move through your list of collections.
- or, Tap the large red button at the bottom between the Previous and Next buttons labelled "Current Collection:" to choose the desired collection from a list of all collections.
HOW CAN I ADD A NEW Collection?
- Tap the "Add New" button on the left of the screen.
- You will be asked for a name for the collection. Enter whatever short name you would like to use.
- Choose whether to add accounts to this collection.
HOW CAN I RENAME AN EXISTING Collection?
- First select the collection whose name you wish to change.
- Next tap the "Rename" button on the left of the screen.
- Enter the desired new name.
HOW DO I DELETE AN EXISTING Collection?
- First select the collection that you wish to delete.
- Next tap the "Delete" button on the left of the screen.
- NOTE: deleting a collection does NOT remove any of the associated accounts or balances. They will still remain.
HoW DO I CHANGE THE ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COLLECTION?
- First select the collection that you wish to change.
- Next tap the "Change Accounts" button on the left of the screen.
- You will be taken to the Collection Membership screen. See here for more details.
HOW DO I SHOW A FORECAST FOR THIS Collection?
- First select the collection that you wish to display the forecast for.
- NOTE: collection forecasts are calculated by adding together all the forecasts for OPEN accounts that are part of this collection.
- Next tap the "Show/Hide Forecast" button on the left of the screen.
- A dotted orange line will be displayed on the right of the chart. This is the forecasted balance projected ahead by the number of years you selected on the SETTINGS screen.
- Move forward or backward through your set of collections to see the forecast displayed against each.
- Tap the "Show/Hide Forecast" button again to turn off the forecast lines from the charts.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "CHANGE CHART TO START AT $0.00" AND "CHANGE CHART TO START AT LOWEST"?
- Normally a chart is displayed with the vertical Y-Axis starting at $0. This is often what you want but may hide the detail if all your balances are large (i.e. none close to $0).
- To emphasise the difference in similar but large values, tap the "Change chart to start at lowest" button on the left. Now the vertical Y-Axis will start at the lowest value in your data.
- If you are displaying the chart in this form then the button will change to "Change chart to start at $0.00". Tapping this will return to the vertical Y-Axis starting at 0.
- NOTE: if any of your collection balances are $0, then this will not have any visible affect to your chart as the lowest value will be $0 anyway.
HOW DO I DISPLAY A COLLECTION BALANCE FOR A GIVEN DATE?
- Slide 1 finger anywhere along the chart for your desired collection.
- The corresponding date and balance amount will be displayed below the chart.
- Slide left and right to change the date.
- Slide through the forecast (if displayed) to see the forecast balances at future dates.
HOW DO I ZOOM IN AND OUT OF A CHART?
- Use the normal 2 finger pinch gesture to zoom in and out on a chart.
- The zoom will centre around the date associated with the middle of your pinch.
- Pinch more or less to increase or decrease the zoom amount.
- The chart will be re-drawn zoomed in or out accordingly.
- The balance line below the chart will tell you if the chart is ZOOMED IN or SHOWS ALL dates.
HOW DO I MOVE THROUGH TIME ON A ZOOMED IN CHART?
- If you have zoomed in on a chart you will only see some of the balances for your collection. This may also be the case if you have selected a BAR chart with lots of balance dates.
- To move to earlier balances, slide right on the chart with 3 fingers. Balances at early dates will be shown.
- To move to later balance, slide left on the chart with 3 fingers. Balance at later dates will be shown.